Friday, June 26, 2009

Fuming Friday: Lying on a date

I know when you're on the first couple of dates with someone you are trying to present your best self. But if that involves lying, did it ever occur to you that you would be caught if you continued to date this person? If you feel like you have to lie to impress a girl, maybe she isn't right for you.

Agreeing with something that you actually don't agree with, lying about your age, making up stories about summer houses or jobs....all of these are things that have happened to me and once I got more serious with the people, I realized they weren't true.

I'm not really angry about those, but rather, disappointed because I learned he was not the person I thought I was falling for.

I understand it takes a lot of confidence to date, especially in NYC where people are constantly trying to impress each other, but please, be yourself. If someone doesn't like you for you, you should not be dating!

No comments:

Post a Comment