Monday, August 3, 2009

I Came, I Saw, I Conquered

Okay...not quite conquered, but I saw a cute guy, talked to him, and ending up hanging out with him for 4 hours (with my girlfriends) and got his number.

Let me start at the beginning. 5 of us girls went out to Governor's Island on Saturday to hang out in the park to read magazines and snuck beers out there as well. Then, we headed over to Water Taxi Beach, which is a beach style bar on the same island, with a view of the tip of Manhattan. Gorgeous weather, super fun day. It was already a great Saturday.

While snacking on hot dogs and margaritas, I spied a cute guy. He was alone, tall, and just seemed nice. I've been craving dating again after a few months off and I had enough alcohol in me to give me a little courage. After all, my last official date was the one with the chaperone.

So, I had a wingwoman and I went for it. We chatted for a bit on the beach, took the ferry back to the city, then took the subway to another super fun outdoor bar.

By 11:30, I had his number and had kissed him once. It was good.

I was proud of myself; I saw a guy, I went for it, and was totally myself; we had a good night.

On the flip side, I had a lot to drink and he seems really shy, but hopefully more will come of this. Until then, I have the high of feeling like I'm back in the dating pool. We've texted a little and hopefully we'll make plans this week.

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment