Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Wedding Hookup Surprise

I went to an out of town wedding in June by myself. I was invited plus-one but didn't have anyone to bring and all my girlfriends said it was the perfect opportunity to meet someone and have some wedding hookup fun. Some people reason, this is the beauty of wedding season; the chance of finding someone special, or at least hang out for a night with someone fun.

I didn't seek anyone out and at the reception realized it was more fun hanging with college friends, the bridesmaids, and the bride and groom then a random guy. But, when all was over and we went back to the hotel, I was still pretty energized and not ready to go up to my king size bed quite yet.

I went to the hotel bar where there was an unofficial post-party going on. A few drinks later, one of the bride's friends from high school was not in a position to drive home and okay...we had been flirting while drinking. I tried to send him to share a room with another guy, but you can imagine how that worked out.

Needless to say, we ended up in my room and fooled around a bit. That is all. Kind of.

When I got up later and looked in the mirror I realized I had a little surprise from my new friend. A hickey!!!!

Yes, like the high school style makeout mark. To be fair, I realized when it happened and steered the situation elsewhere, but once you realize it, it is too late. And of course, this is June, so there were no turtlenecks to cover my embarrassment. It wasn't a huge hickey and I had some collared shirts to wear to work, so no one was the wiser.

I have laughed about this so much because it is just plain embarrassing and funny. The bride enjoyed the story as well, even though I feel bad it was her old friend. I vow to be more careful the next wedding I go to!!!!

And I must say, I disagree with the quote from Grease: "A hickie from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card, when you only care enough to send the very best! " Care in a different way, without the love bite!!!

1 comment: